If you would like to spend your time in a place where there are lots of amazing beaches, Australia is a nice suggestion for you. Coming to this country for a holiday, you will also have a chance to visit its famous buildings and participate in fun festivals that cannot be found anywhere else in the world. Recently, to make it easier for tourists who would love to stay here for a short vacation, the Australian government has introduced a new permit called ETA. If you are from Singapore and want to get one, let’s keep reading for helpful details about Australia ETA for Singaporeans!
Frequently asked questions about Australia ETA for Singaporeans
What is an ETA?
ETA is a term for Electronic Travel Authority that provides visitors the authorization to travel to and enter Australia. ETA is electronically linked to your passport after your successful application.
Is an ETA similar to a normal visa?
No, they are different from each other. Australia ETA for Singaporeans is a kind of permit that allows you to stay in this country for a short time. Your purposes of entering must be either for tourism or business. Other reasons such as studying, living permanently or joining a family are not allowed. In those situations, you must ask for a visa at the embassy.
What is needed for an ETA application?
An ETA application will ask you to submit the following items:
- A passport: you will need a passport to answer all the questions related to it in the online form. Make sure that your passport is valid during your time in this country to avoid trouble.
- An email address: is also necessary as you cannot get your ETA without it. For that reason, please check your email carefully before sending the request in case of typos.
- A means of payment: as this is an online application, you cannot pay for your ETA with cash. Instead, you can make a payment with a credit card.
How many steps are there in the applying process?
Taking an ETA request, you do not have to worry about the applying process because there are only three parts included. They are:
- It takes you about 5 minutes to fill in the online form with personal and passport details about name, date of birth, email address, passport, purposes of the trips, and phone number.
- When you are finished, do not forget to review everything one more time to avoid mistakes.
- Your ETA can be paid with a credit card. You cannot charge for it by cash since this request is online.
- The last thing you have to do is to print your e-Visa out after its arrival and show it at the Immigration Checkpoint.
How long can I stay in Australia with an ETA?
The number of days you can stay in Australia with an ETA cannot be over 90. Additionally, you have the right to come here later for another trip thanks to multiple entries.
How much does an Australia ETA for Singaporeans cost?
The cost of an ETA comprises government and service fees which are detailed as follows:
Government fee: AUS $20
- Normal Processing: $59
- Emergency Processing: $79
- Rush Processing: $89
How long can I get my ETA?
It usually takes several days to process an ETA. Nonetheless, you can make a choice of the time frames to make it fit your plans:
- Normal Processing: 3 business days
- Emergency Processing: 12 business hours
- Rush Processing: 4 business hours
Who cannot enter Australia with an Australia ETA for Singaporeans?
People who have one of the two listed bullet points do not have the right to visit Australia:
- Criminal convictions for which you have been sentenced for a total combined period of 12 months or more, whether or not you served the sentences.
How can I get help when there is something wrong?
If you find it difficult to ask for an ETA, do not hesitate to send us a message via the chat box on our website to let us know your problems. After fully understanding your situation, we will give you the best advice to help you shoot all the troubles and get this permit successfully.