Situated in an ideal location, Australia possesses lots of nice blue beaches and thus has become one of the best destinations in the world for travel lovers. These days, thanks to the introduction of ETA, it has been much easier for you to get permission to enter this land since you no longer have to ask for a visa at the embassy. If you are from Malaysia and would like to show up here for the next vacation, you should not miss all the useful details about Australia ETA for Malaysians below!
Frequently asked questions about Australia ETA for Malaysians
What is an ETA?
ETA is a term for Electronic Travel Authority that provides visitors the authorization to travel to and enter Australia. ETA is electronically linked to your passport after your successful application.
Is an ETA similar to a normal visa?
No, they are different from each other. Australia ETA for Malaysians is a kind of permit that allows you to stay in this country for a short time. Your purposes of entering must be either for tourism or business. Other reasons such as studying, living permanently or joining a family are not allowed. In those situations, you must ask for a visa at the embassy.
What is needed for an ETA application?
Here is the list of items that you will have to submit for an ETA application. Make sure that you do not fail to get any of them when making a request.
- A passport: this is the first thing you must hold in your hand if you want to go overseas. Your passport must be valid during the time you stay in this nation.
- An email address: is the means of delivery through which you get the latest information about your ETA. Hence, kindly turn on the notifications so as not to miss any important points.
- A means of payment: as this is an online application, you cannot pay for your ETA with cash. Instead, you can make a payment with a credit card.
How many steps are there in the applying process?
The process is quite easy for you with three quick steps that cost you only a few minutes to fulfill. They are clearly described to you as follows:
- It takes you about 5 minutes to fill in the online form with personal and passport details about name, date of birth, email address, passport, purposes of the trips, and phone number.
- When you are finished, do not forget to review everything one more time to avoid mistakes.
- Your ETA can be paid with a credit card. You cannot charge for it by cash since this request is online.
- The last thing you have to do is to print your e-Visa out after its arrival and show it at the Immigration Checkpoint.
How long can I stay in Australia with an ETA?
An ETA gives you 90 days in total to enjoy your time in Australia. Besides, you are allowed to come here more than one time during the valid duration, which is a benefit of multiple entries.
How much does an Australia ETA for Malaysians cost?
Government and service are the two kinds of fees you have to charge for an ETA. The price for each one is as detailed:
Government fee: AUS $20
- Normal Processing: $59
- Emergency Processing: $79
- Rush Processing: $89
How long can I get my ETA?
You can decide the time to process your ETA by picking one service from the following:
- Normal Processing: 3 business days
- Emergency Processing: 12 business hours
- Rush Processing: 4 business hours
Who cannot enter Australia with an Australia ETA for Malaysians?
People who have one of the two listed bullet points do not have the right to visit Australia:
- Criminal convictions for which you have been sentenced for a total combined period of 12 months or more, whether or not you served the sentences.
How can I get help when there is something wrong?
Should you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us by leaving a message in the chat box on our homepage. Your questions will be responded to by our skilled experts who have been working in this field for a long time. We always welcome and support you as much as possible to help you can get this permit successfully.