Thanks to the introduction of ETA, it has been much easier and more convenient for tourists of some countries to enter Australia for a vacation or business trip. Indeed, you do not have to take an interview at the embassy or wait for a long time to get the result because you can stay at home and make an online request. Being on the list of eligible nations, citizens of Korea cannot miss this item for their next trip to the home of kangaroos. Therefore, let’s keep reading the following lines about Australia ETA for Koreans for details!
Frequently asked questions about Australia ETA for Koreans
What is an ETA?
ETA is a term for Electronic Travel Authority that provides visitors the authorization to travel to and enter Australia. ETA is electronically linked to your passport after your successful application.
Is an ETA similar to a normal visa?
No, they are different from each other. Australia ETA for Koreans is a kind of permit that allows you to stay in this country for a short time. Your purposes of entering must be either for tourism or business. Other reasons such as studying, living permanently or joining a family are not allowed. In those situations, you must ask for a visa at the embassy.
What is needed for an ETA application?
To get a successful application, make sure you have all the items listed:
- A passport: this is the most important thing that you must own before making the request. If you have already, do not forget to spend some time checking its expiry date.
- An email address: is the tool that gives you the latest notifications about your ETA. Kindly keep your account logged in so that you do not miss any points.
- A means of payment: as this is an online application, you cannot pay for your ETA with cash. Instead, you can make a payment with a credit card.
How many steps are there in the applying process?
It does not take you long to apply for an ETA because the process consists of only three stages. Your job is to carefully follow them step by step:
- It takes you about 5 minutes to fill in the online form with personal and passport details about name, date of birth, email address, passport, purposes of the trips, and phone number.
- When you are finished, do not forget to review everything one more time to avoid mistakes.
- Your ETA can be paid with a credit card. You cannot charge for it by cash since this request is online.
- The last thing you have to do is to print your e-Visa out after its arrival and show it at the Immigration Checkpoint.
How long can I stay in Australia with an ETA?
90 is the maximum number of days you are allowed to visit Australia with this permit. Moreover, you can take as many trips to this country as you would like thanks to multiple entries.
How much does an Australia ETA for Koreans cost?
There are two kinds of fees that you have to charge for an ETA called government and service. Please note that the price of the latter will change following the situation:
Government fee: AUS $20
- Normal Processing: $59
- Emergency Processing: $79
- Rush Processing: $89
How long can I get my ETA?
To make it convenient for you, we offer three different time frames so that you can pick the most appropriate one:
- Normal Processing: 3 business days
- Emergency Processing: 12 business hours
- Rush Processing: 4 business hours
Who cannot enter Australia with an Australia ETA for Koreans?
People who have one of the two listed bullet points do not have the right to visit Australia:
- Criminal convictions for which you have been sentenced for a total combined period of 12 months or more, whether or not you served the sentences.
How can I get help when there is something wrong?
Should there be any problems during the process that you are not able to solve, kindly contact us for help by leaving a message in the chat box on our website. After getting your case well, we will give you useful guidance so that you can shoot all the difficulties and get an ETA in the shortest time.