Australia has been one of the best destinations in the world thanks to lots of elements. First of all, this country is home to different wild animals such as kangaroos, koalas, etc. Besides, thanks to the ideal location, Australia possesses many blue beaches for tourists to enjoy their holidays on. Lately, travelers from Japan can easily get an allowance for entering this beautiful land with ETA, a new kind of permit that has just been released by the Australian government. If you would like to get this item for your next holiday, do not miss the useful details about Australia ETA for Japanese that we show in the following lines!
Frequently asked questions about Australia ETA for Japanese
What is an ETA?
ETA is a term for Electronic Travel Authority that provides visitors the authorization to travel to and enter Australia. ETA is electronically linked to your passport after your successful application.
Is an ETA similar to a normal visa?
No, they are different from each other. Australia ETA for Japanese is a kind of permit that allows you to stay in this country for a short time. Your purposes of entering must be either for tourism or business. Other reasons such as studying, living permanently or joining a family are not allowed. In those situations, you must ask for a visa at the embassy.
What is needed for an ETA application?
Because this is an online application, you do not need to submit as many papers as when asking for a normal visa at the embassy. All you have to prepare are:
- A passport: is always an important item since you cannot travel abroad without it. Make sure that your one is valid by having a check of its expiry date. Kindly note that your passport must work during your vacation in Australia.
- An email address: you are also required to provide an email address to keep track of the process. Please spend some time logging in to it to see if any new points are sent to you.
- A means of payment: as this is an online application, you cannot pay for your ETA with cash. Instead, you can make a payment with a credit card.
How many steps are there in the applying process?
The application is made simple and convenient for you with only three parts included. In detail, they are instructed in the lines below:
- It takes you about 5 minutes to fill in the online form with personal and passport details about name, date of birth, email address, passport, purposes of the trips, and phone number.
- When you are finished, do not forget to review everything one more time to avoid mistakes.
- Your ETA can be paid with a credit card. You cannot charge for it by cash since this request is online.
- The last thing you have to do is to print your e-Visa out after its arrival and show it at the Immigration Checkpoint.
How long can I stay in Australia with an ETA?
The maximum duration you can stay in Australia with this permit is 90 days. Moreover, you can come and leave this country as many times as you would like thanks to multiple entries.
How much does an Australia ETA for Japanese cost?
The price of an ETA consists of government and service fees. Please be noted that the cost of service varies according to the situation:
Government fee: AUS $20
- Normal Processing: $59
- Emergency Processing: $79
- Rush Processing: $89
How long can I get my ETA?
By considering how rush your trip is, you can pick the most suitable option from the following:
- Normal Processing: 3 business days
- Emergency Processing: 12 business hours
- Rush Processing: 4 business hours
Who cannot enter Australia with an Australia ETA for Japanese?
People who have one of the two listed bullet points do not have the right to visit Australia:
- Criminal convictions for which you have been sentenced for a total combined period of 12 months or more, whether or not you served the sentences.
How can I get help when there is something wrong?
If there is anything wrong during the process that you do not know how to solve, do not hesitate to send us a message for help. We will answer all of your questions and give you useful advice as soon as we get your cases well to help you get this permit successfully.