Being famous for lots of attractive landscapes spreading throughout the country, it is not surprising that Australia has got more and more tourists showing up to enjoy their holidays. Recently, with the introduction of ETA, it has been easier for visitors to come here since there are not as many steps as before. If you are from Hong Kong, you should not miss the useful below about Australia ETA for Hong Kong citizens to get a better understanding of this permit!
Frequently asked questions about Australia ETA for Hong Kong citizens
What is an ETA?
ETA is a term for Electronic Travel Authority that provides visitors the authorization to travel to and enter Australia. ETA is electronically linked to your passport after your successful application.
Is an ETA similar to a normal visa?
No, they are different from each other. Australia ETA for Hong Kong citizens is a kind of permit that allows you to stay in this country for a short time. Your purposes of entering must be either for tourism or business. Other reasons such as studying, living permanently or joining a family are not allowed. In those situations, you must ask for a visa at the embassy.
What is needed for an ETA application?
There are not many things you need to prepare as the process consists of only three main items that we mention in the following lines:
- A passport: is always necessary when asking for an entering allowance of other countries. Hence, make sure that you are holding a passport and it is still valid.
- An email address: is also indispensable because it helps to give you the latest notifications regarding your ETA. Therefore, kindly remember to check your email regularly to keep track of the process.
- A means of payment: as this is an online application, you cannot pay for your ETA with cash. Instead, you can make a payment with a credit card.
How many steps are there in the applying process?
The applying process is made simple for you with three big steps that we show in the lines below:
- It takes you about 5 minutes to fill in the online form with personal and passport details about name, date of birth, email address, passport, purposes of the trips, and phone number.
- When you are finished, do not forget to review everything one more time to avoid mistakes.
- Your ETA can be paid with a credit card. You cannot charge for it by cash since this request is online.
- The last thing you have to do is to print your e-Visa out after its arrival and show it at the Immigration Checkpoint.
How long can I stay in Australia with an ETA?
You are given a period of 90 days to discover all the interesting things about Australia. Besides, you have the right to visit this country more than once thanks to multiple entries.
How much does an Australia ETA for Hong Kong citizens cost?
An ETA application requires you to pay both government and service fees. The price for each one is as listed:
Government fee: AUS $20
- Normal Processing: $59
- Emergency Processing: $79
- Rush Processing: $89
How long can I get my ETA?
Your ETA will be sent to you via email in a few days. In case of urgency, you can pick one option among the following time frame to make it fit your schedule:
- Normal Processing: 3 business days
- Emergency Processing: 12 business hours
- Rush Processing: 4 business hours
Who cannot enter Australia with an Australia ETA for Hong Kong citizens?
People who have one of the two listed bullet points do not have the right to visit Australia:
- Criminal convictions for which you have been sentenced for a total combined period of 12 months or more, whether or not you served the sentences.
How can I get help when there is something wrong?
Do not hesitate to let us know if there is any problem during the process. By raising all of your concerns in the chat box, you will get lots of useful guidance from our experts who have been working in this field for a long time. Your questions will be responded to in the shortest time so that you can get this permit successfully.