Australia has been one of the most favorite sites of travelers since this country possesses lots of nice blue beaches. In addition, we cannot deny that the scenery here is also attractive with various kinds of colorful flora and grey mountains covered by green trees. Lately, it has been much easier for tourists from some nations, including Canada, to show up in this land for a journey as they no longer have to visit the consulate. If you would like to get one, let’s keep reading for details about Australia ETA for Canadians!
Frequently asked questions about Australia ETA for Canadians
What is an ETA?
ETA is a term for Electronic Travel Authority that provides visitors the authorization to travel to and enter Australia. ETA is electronically linked to your passport after your successful application.
Is an ETA similar to a normal visa?
No, they are different from each other. Australia ETA for Canadians is a kind of permit that allows you to stay in this country for a short time. Your purposes of entering must be either for tourism or business. Other reasons such as studying, living permanently or joining a family are not allowed. In those situations, you must ask for a visa at the embassy.
What is needed for an ETA application?
Applying for an ETA, you do not have to worry about the documents because there are only three items needed. In detail, they are:
- A passport: if you are planning for a trip to other countries, you cannot fail to own a passport. Hence, make sure that you are holding one and it is valid during the time you stay in Australia.
- An email address: is the main means of delivery that keeps you updated with the latest notifications. Therefore, do not forget to check your email regularly so as not to miss any points.
- A means of payment: as this is an online application, you cannot pay for your ETA with cash. Instead, you can make a payment with a credit card.
How many steps are there in the applying process?
The application is very simple with three steps included. Each stage is made clear for you in the lines below:
- It takes you about 5 minutes to fill in the online form with personal and passport details about name, date of birth, email address, passport, purposes of the trips, and phone number.
- When you are finished, do not forget to review everything one more time to avoid mistakes.
- Your ETA can be paid with a credit card. You cannot charge for it by cash since this request is online.
- The last thing you have to do is to print your e-Visa out after its arrival and show it at the Immigration Checkpoint.
How long can I stay in Australia with an ETA?
Traveling to Australia with this permit, you cannot stay here longer than 90 days. However, you will have the right to turn up here as many times as you would like to thanks to multiple entries.
How much does an Australia ETA for Canadians cost?
You are required to pay both government and service fees to get an ETA. The price for each one is as follows:
Government fee: AUS $20
- Normal Processing: $59
- Emergency Processing: $79
- Rush Processing: $89
How long can I get my ETA?
Several days after sending the request, you will receive your ETA via email. In case your trip is urgent and you cannot wait, here are different time frames for you to choose from:
- Normal Processing: 3 business days
- Emergency Processing: 12 business hours
- Rush Processing: 4 business hours
Who cannot enter Australia with an Australia ETA for Canadians?
People who have one of the two listed bullet points do not have the right to visit Australia:
- Criminal convictions for which you have been sentenced for a total combined period of 12 months or more, whether or not you served the sentences.
How can I get help when there is something wrong?
Should there be any difficulties during the process, please do not hesitate to let us know by leaving all of your problems in the chat box on our website. Our experts will respond to your question in the shortest time to provide you with useful guidance so that you can get this permit successfully.