Australia has been known as one of the best destinations for travel lovers thanks to many interesting things. First of all, this country is home to rare animals such as kangaroos and koalas that you may have never seen in real life. Also, there are numerous nice beaches here for you to swim, dive, surf or kayak. If you are from the US and would like to spend your vacation in this beautiful land, applying for an ETA is highly recommended for lots of benefits that this permit gives to the owner. In case you do not know what it is, let’s scroll down for more details about Australia ETA for Americans!
Frequently asked questions about Australia ETA for Americans
What is an ETA?
ETA is a term for Electronic Travel Authority that provides visitors the authorization to travel to and enter Australia. ETA is electronically linked to your passport after your successful application.
Is an ETA similar to a normal visa?
No, they are different from each other. Australia ETA for Americans is a kind of permit that allows you to stay in this country for a short time. Your purposes of entering must be either for tourism or business. Other reasons such as studying, living permanently or joining a family are not allowed. In those situations, you must ask for a visa at the embassy.
What is needed for an ETA application?
There are not many things that an ETA application requires you to submit. All you need are the following items:
- A passport: is the most important item you have to provide in the online form. Your passport must be valid at the time you make the request and during your stay in Australia.
- An email address: is the tool for you to keep track of the process of your ETA. Therefore, do not forget to spend some time checking your email to see if there is any new notification.
- A means of payment: as this is an online application, you cannot pay for your ETA with cash. Instead, you can make a payment with a credit card.
How many steps are there in the applying process?
The application consists of three steps which we show you in the lines below. It is just a quick process that costs you only a moment to fulfill:
- It takes you about 5 minutes to fill in the online form with personal and passport details about name, date of birth, email address, passport, purposes of the trips, and phone number.
- When you are finished, do not forget to review everything one more time to avoid mistakes.
- Your ETA can be paid with a credit card. You cannot charge for it by cash since this request is online.
- The last thing you have to do is to print your e-Visa out after its arrival and show it at the Immigration Checkpoint.
How long can I stay in Australia with an ETA?
Owning an ETA, you are given 90 days in total to discover Australia. Additionally, you can enter this country as many times as you would like to thanks to multiple entries.
How much does an Australia ETA for Americans cost?
Government and service are the two kinds of fees that you need to pay to get an ETA. In detail, the price for each one is as listed:
Government fee: AUS $20
- Normal Processing: $59
- Emergency Processing: $79
- Rush Processing: $89
How long can I get my ETA?
Normally, you can get this permit in a few business days after sending the request. However, if your trip is urgent, you can pick one option from the time frames below:
- Normal Processing: 3 business days
- Emergency Processing: 12 business hours
- Rush Processing: 4 business hours
Who cannot enter Australia with an Australia ETA for Americans?
People who have one of the two listed bullet points do not have the right to visit Australia:
- Criminal convictions for which you have been sentenced for a total combined period of 12 months or more, whether or not you served the sentences.
How can I get help when there is something wrong?
Should you face any difficulties during the process, do not hesitate to send us your problems via the chat box on our website. Your questions will be answered by our experts who have been working in this field for a long time to help you solve the troubles and get this permit successfully.