Australia is a nice destination for those who love to enjoy their time on the beaches and contemplate the attractive scenery. These days, with the release of ETA, travelers that wish to come here for a short duration no longer have to visit the embassy. Instead, they can stay at home making an online request which takes them just a few minutes to fulfill. If you are from Switzerland, do not miss the useful information about Australia ETA for Swiss that we show in the following lines!
Frequently asked questions about Australia ETA for Swiss
What is an ETA?
ETA is a term for Electronic Travel Authority that provides visitors the authorization to travel to and enter Australia. ETA is electronically linked to your passport after your successful application.
Is an ETA similar to a normal visa?
No, they are different from each other. Australia ETA for Swiss is a kind of permit that allows you to stay in this country for a short time. Your purposes of entering must be either for tourism or business. Other reasons such as studying, living permanently or joining a family are not allowed. In those situations, you must ask for a visa at the embassy.
What is needed for an ETA application?
An ETA does not require you to submit lots of documents. Indeed, you just need to provide the three listed items:
- A passport: you will need a passport to answer all the queries related to it in the online form. Make sure that you are holding a valid one by taking a look at its expiry date.
- An email address: is the means of delivery through which you get your ETA and the latest notifications. Hence, remember to check it frequently so as not to miss any important points.
- A means of payment: as this is an online application, you cannot pay for your ETA with cash. Instead, you can make a payment with a credit card.
How many steps are there in the applying process?
The application comprises three quick steps that are described below. Kindly take them carefully to avoid problems later:
- It takes you about 5 minutes to fill in the online form with personal and passport details about name, date of birth, email address, passport, purposes of the trips, and phone number.
- When you are finished, do not forget to review everything one more time to avoid mistakes.
- Your ETA can be paid with a credit card. You cannot charge for it by cash since this request is online.
- The last thing you have to do is to print your e-Visa out after its arrival and show it at the Immigration Checkpoint.
How long can I stay in Australia with an ETA?
An ETA allows you to visit Australia for 90 days. Moreover, you are able to show up here more than once during the valid time thanks to multiple entries.
How much does an Australia ETA for Swiss cost?
Applicants who are from Switzerland just need to pay the cost of service because they are free from the government fee. Please take note that the price of service will vary according to your situation:
- Normal Processing: $59
- Emergency Processing: $79
- Rush Processing: $89
How long can I get my ETA?
Within the time frame that you choose, your ETA will be done and sent to you via email. You should check your schedule carefully to pick the most suitable choice:
- Normal Processing: 3 business days
- Emergency Processing: 12 business hours
- Rush Processing: 4 business hours
Who cannot enter Australia with an Australia ETA for Swiss?
People who have one of the two listed bullet points do not have the right to visit Australia:
- Criminal convictions for which you have been sentenced for a total combined period of 12 months or more, whether or not you served the sentences.
How can I get help when there is something wrong?
Should you have any difficulties in requesting an Australia ETA for Swiss, do not hesitate to contact us for help by leaving your problems in the chat box on our website. After fully understanding your cases, we will respond to your questions immediately to provide you with useful instruction so that you can obtain this permit successfully.