Being one of the best tourism sites in the world thanks to its ideal location, there is no surprise to see thousands of people showing up here in holiday months. Recently, with the advantages of ETA, tourists from eligible countries do not have to ask for a visa at the consulate anymore. For that reason, travelers who hold a Swedish passport cannot miss this item for their trip to Australia. Let’s keep reading for details about Australia ETA for Swedes!
Frequently asked questions about Australia ETA for Swedes
What is an ETA?
ETA is a term for Electronic Travel Authority that provides visitors the authorization to travel to and enter Australia. ETA is electronically linked to your passport after your successful application.
Is an ETA similar to a normal visa?
No, they are different from each other. Australia ETA for Swedes is a kind of permit that allows you to stay in this country for a short time. Your purposes of entering must be either for tourism or business. Other reasons such as studying, living permanently or joining a family are not allowed. In those situations, you must ask for a visa at the embassy.
What is needed for an ETA application?
To get a successful destination, make sure you have all the following items:
- A passport: is an indispensable thing since you cannot ask for an ETA without it. Your passport must be valid at the time you make the application and during your stay in Australia.
- An email address: plays an important role as it keeps you updated with new notifications about your ETA. Hence, kindly provide the one you log in to frequently so as not to lose track of the process.
- A means of payment: as this is an online application, you cannot pay for your ETA with cash. Instead, you can make a payment with a credit card.
How many steps are there in the applying process?
Basically, there are three main parts included in the process that we mention in the following lines. To prevent all the troubles that may be caused later, you should follow them step by step as guided:
- It takes you about 5 minutes to fill in the online form with personal and passport details about name, date of birth, email address, passport, purposes of the trips, and phone number.
- When you are finished, do not forget to review everything one more time to avoid mistakes.
- Your ETA can be paid with a credit card. You cannot charge for it by cash since this request is online.
- The last thing you have to do is to print your e-Visa out after its arrival and show it at the Immigration Checkpoint.
How long can I stay in Australia with an ETA?
The maximum duration of your journey in Australia cannot exceed 90 days. Besides, you can also come here for another vacation thanks to multiple entries.
How much does an Australia ETA for Swedes cost?
The price of an ETA will vary following the level of urgency. There are three options for you as shown below:
- Normal Processing: $59
- Emergency Processing: $79
- Rush Processing: $89
How long can I get my ETA?
Your ETA will be done and sent to you within the time frame that you select. To make it flexible for your plan, we offer three different services as follows:
- Normal Processing: 3 business days
- Emergency Processing: 12 business hours
- Rush Processing: 4 business hours
Who cannot enter Australia with an Australia ETA for Swedes?
People who have one of the two listed bullet points do not have the right to visit Australia:
- Criminal convictions for which you have been sentenced for a total combined period of 12 months or more, whether or not you served the sentences.
How can I get help when there is something wrong?
If you find it difficult to request an ETA, please send us a message for help. By raising all of your questions in the chat box on our homepage, you will get lots of useful advice and instructions from our experts who have been working in this field for a long time. We always welcome and are willing to support you so that you can enjoy your time in beautiful Australia.