Australia has been famous for tourists from around the world thanks to its blue beaches and attractive scenery. Nowadays, thanks to the instruction of ETA, it has been much easier for citizens of some countries to enter this land since they no longer have to visit the embassy. Being on the eligible list, people who are from Spain should not miss this item for their journey because of the benefits it brings to the owner. Therefore, let’s keep reading the lines below for details about Australia ETA for Spaniards!
Frequently asked questions about Australia ETA for Spaniards
What is an ETA?
ETA is a term for Electronic Travel Authority that provides visitors the authorization to travel to and enter Australia. ETA is electronically linked to your passport after your successful application.
Is an ETA similar to a normal visa?
No, they are different from each other. Australia ETA for Spaniards is a kind of permit that allows you to stay in this country for a short time. Your purposes of entering must be either for tourism or business. Other reasons such as studying, living permanently or joining a family are not allowed. In those situations, you must ask for a visa at the embassy.
What is needed for an ETA application?
Different from a normal visa application, an ETA request just asks you to provide the following items:
- A passport: this is the most important thing that you cannot fail to have when making an application. Make sure that your passport is valid by having a check of its expiry date.
- An email address: it is also necessary to have an email as you will need it to get your ETA. Hence, kindly fill in the blank the one that you use frequently to keep track of the process.
- A means of payment: as this is an online application, you cannot pay for your ETA with cash. Instead, you can make a payment with a credit card.
How many steps are there in the applying process?
There are three main steps included in an ETA application which we detail in the following lines:
- It takes you about 5 minutes to fill in the online form with personal and passport details about name, date of birth, email address, passport, purposes of the trips, and phone number.
- When you are finished, do not forget to review everything one more time to avoid mistakes.
- Your ETA can be paid with a credit card. You cannot charge for it by cash since this request is online.
- The last thing you have to do is to print your e-Visa out after its arrival and show it at the Immigration Checkpoint.
How long can I stay in Australia with an ETA?
Possessing an ETA, you will have 90 days in total to travel in Australia. Furthermore, you can come here more than once during the valid duration thanks to multiple entries.
How much does an Australia ETA for Spaniards cost?
To get an ETA, you will have to make payment for government and service fees. Fortunately, visitors who hold a Spanish passport are free from the former, which means they only charge for the latter. Please notice that the price of service will change following the situations:
- Normal Processing: $59
- Emergency Processing: $79
- Rush Processing: $89
How long can I get my ETA?
The process usually takes a few days to be done. However, in urgent cases, you can pick one from the following services to get your ETA:
- Normal Processing: 3 business days
- Emergency Processing: 12 business hours
- Rush Processing: 4 business hours
Who cannot enter Australia with an Australia ETA for Spaniards?
People who have one of the two listed bullet points do not have the right to visit Australia:
- Criminal convictions for which you have been sentenced for a total combined period of 12 months or more, whether or not you served the sentences.
How can I get help when there is something wrong?
Should you face any problems during the process, please contact us for useful guidance by leaving a message in the chat box on our website. Our experts who have a lot of experience in this field will instruct you how to shoot the difficulties so that you can get this permit successfully.