Thanks to numerous beautiful landscapes and nice blue beaches, Australia has been popular with foreign travelers and thus has become one of the best destinations in the world. In recent years, to make it easier for tourists who just come here for a short vacation, a new permit called ETA has been introduced. If you are a citizen of Slovenia who is thinking of a journey to this country, do not miss all the useful details below about Australia ETA for Slovenes. Let’s keep reading to find out!
Frequently asked questions about Australia ETA for Slovenes
What is an ETA?
ETA is a term for Electronic Travel Authority that provides visitors the authorization to travel to and enter Australia. ETA is electronically linked to your passport after your successful application.
Is an ETA similar to a normal visa?
No, they are different from each other. Australia ETA for Slovenes is a kind of permit that allows you to stay in this country for a short time. Your purposes of entering must be either for tourism or business. Other reasons such as studying, living permanently or joining a family are not allowed. In those situations, you must ask for a visa at the embassy.
What is needed for an ETA application?
The documents are very simple with three main items. Your job is to prepare them carefully for a successful request:
- A passport: it is always vital to take a passport with you when making an ETA application. Kindly spend some time checking the validity of your passport to make sure that it works during your journey.
- An email address: you also need to provide an email to keep track of the process. Do not forget to log in to it regularly so as not to miss any important points.
- A means of payment: as this is an online application, you cannot pay for your ETA with cash. Instead, you can make a payment with a credit card.
How many steps are there in the applying process?
The process consists of three big steps that we show you in the following lines:
- It takes you about 5 minutes to fill in the online form with personal and passport details about name, date of birth, email address, passport, purposes of the trips, and phone number.
- When you are finished, do not forget to review everything one more time to avoid mistakes.
- Your ETA can be paid with a credit card. You cannot charge for it by cash since this request is online.
- The last thing you have to do is to print your e-Visa out after its arrival and show it at the Immigration Checkpoint.
How long can I stay in Australia with an ETA?
This kind of permit gives you 90 days to discover Australia. Besides, you also have the right to turn up here as many times as you want thanks to the allowance of multiple entries.
How much does an Australia ETA for Slovenes cost?
For travelers who are from Slovenia, they do not have to pay the government fee to get an ETA. However, they are required to charge for the cost of service which is detailed in the lines below:
- Normal Processing: $59
- Emergency Processing: $79
- Rush Processing: $89
How long can I get my ETA?
It usually takes a few days to process your ETA. Besides, there are three different time frames available for you in case of urgency:
- Normal Processing: 3 business days
- Emergency Processing: 12 business hours
- Rush Processing: 4 business hours
Who cannot enter Australia with an Australia ETA for Slovenes?
People who have one of the two listed bullet points do not have the right to visit Australia:
- Criminal convictions for which you have been sentenced for a total combined period of 12 months or more, whether or not you served the sentences.
How can I get help when there is something wrong?
Should you face any difficulties while asking for an ETA, please do not hesitate to send us a message for help. By understanding your case well, we will provide you with useful advice and instructions so that you can shoot all the problems and get this permit in the shortest time.