Possessing lots of nice beaches thanks to the ideal location, it is understandable that Australia has got more and more tourists coming. Lately, to make it easier for those who would like to show up here for a short trip, the government of this country has released a new permit called ETA. If you are from Portugal and planning to stay in this land for your next vacation, do not skip all the useful details regarding Australia ETA for Portuguese that we show in the following lines!
Frequently asked questions about Australia ETA for Portuguese
What is an ETA?
ETA is a term for Electronic Travel Authority that provides visitors the authorization to travel to and enter Australia. ETA is electronically linked to your passport after your successful application.
Is ETA similar to a normal visa?
No, they are different from each other. Australia ETA for Portuguese is a kind of permit that allows you to stay in this country for a short time. Your purposes of entering must be either for tourism or business. Other reasons such as studying, living permanently or joining a family are not allowed. In those situations, you must ask for a visa at the embassy.
What is needed for an ETA application?
An ETA application does not ask you to provide as many documents as a visa request does. Indeed, you just need to hold the following items:
- A passport: is always indispensable since you cannot travel abroad without it. Make sure that your passport is valid during your journey to Australia so that you will not face any problems.
- An email address: you also have to fill in the blank an email address to get the latest notifications about your ETA. Kindly log in to your account regularly so as not to miss any important points.
- A means of payment: as this is an online application, you cannot pay for your ETA with cash. Instead, you can make a payment with a credit card.
How many steps are there in the applying process?
The application consists of three big steps in total. Your job is to follow them carefully for a successful request:
- It takes you about 5 minutes to fill in the online form with personal and passport details about name, date of birth, email address, passport, purposes of the trips, and phone number.
- When you are finished, do not forget to review everything one more time to avoid mistakes.
- Your ETA can be paid with a credit card. You cannot charge for it by cash since this request is online.
- The last thing you have to do is to print your e-Visa out after its arrival and show it at the Immigration Checkpoint.
How long can I stay in Australia with an ETA?
An ETA gives you 90 days to enjoy your time in Australia. Furthermore, you can enter this land as many times as you want to during the valid duration.
How much does an Australia ETA for Portuguese cost?
Polish who apply for an ETA are free from the government fee. Hence, they just need to make payment for service which is detailed as follows:
- Normal Processing: $59
- Emergency Processing: $79
- Rush Processing: $89
How long can I get my ETA?
There are three different time frames available for you. By considering how urgent your trip is, you can pick the most appropriate one that fits your schedule:
- Normal Processing: 3 business days
- Emergency Processing: 12 business hours
- Rush Processing: 4 business hours
Who cannot enter Australia with an ETA?
People who have one of the two listed bullet points do not have the right to visit Australia:
- Criminal convictions for which you have been sentenced for a total combined period of 12 months or more, whether or not you served the sentences.
How can I get help when there is something wrong?
Should there be any problem during the application, please do not hesitate to let us know by leaving a message in the chat box on our website. Your questions about Australia ETA for Portuguese will be answered by our experts who have a lot of experience in this field to help you get this permit successfully.