Being voted as one of the best destinations for holidays, there is no surprise that Australia welcomes a large number of tourists each year. These days, thanks to the benefits of ETA, travelers of eligible nations can easily enter this land for a short vacation without having to turn up at the consulate. If you are from Norway and would like to spend your time here, do not miss the useful information below about the Australia ETA for Norwegians!
Frequently asked questions about Australia ETA for Norwegians
What is an ETA?
ETA is a term for Electronic Travel Authority that provides visitors the authorization to travel to and enter Australia. ETA is electronically linked to your passport after your successful application.
Is an ETA similar to a normal visa?
No, they are different from each other. Australia ETA for Norwegians is a kind of permit that allows you to stay in this country for a short time. Your purposes of entering must be either for tourism or business. Other reasons such as studying, living permanently or joining a family are not allowed. In those situations, you must ask for a visa at the embassy.
What is needed for an ETA application?
There are only three items that you need to provide when asking for an ETA. In detail, they are as listed in the following lines:
- A passport: it is always vital to have a passport with you if you are planning for a trip to other countries. Additionally, your passport must be valid so that you are not refused to get an Australia ETA for Norwegians.
- An email address: the online form also asks for your email to help you keep track of the process and deliver your ETA to you. Therefore, kindly check your email frequently to see if there is any new notification.
- A means of payment: as this is an online application, you cannot pay for your ETA with cash. Instead, you can make a payment with a credit card.
How many steps are there in the applying process?
Here are the three stages included in the application:
- It takes you about 5 minutes to fill in the online form with personal and passport details about name, date of birth, email address, passport, purposes of the trips, and phone number.
- When you are finished, do not forget to review everything carefully to avoid mistakes.
- Your ETA can be paid with a credit card. You cannot charge for it by cash since this request is online.
- The last thing you have to do is to print your e-Visa out after its arrival and show it at the Immigration Checkpoint.
How long can I stay in Australia with an ETA?
You will have 90 days in total to discover Australia with an ETA. Especially, since there is no limitation about the times of entering, you can take as many vacations in this country as you would like to within the valid duration.
How much does an Australia ETA for Norwegians cost?
Holding a Norwegian passport, you do not have to pay the government fee when requesting an ETA. Hence, the amount of money you need to charge depends on what kind of service you choose:
- Normal Processing: $59
- Emergency Processing: $79
- Rush Processing: $89
How long can I get my ETA?
Normally, your ETA will be done and sent to you via email after a few business days. However, to make it flexible for your schedule, we offer three different time frames so that you can pick the most suitable one:
- Normal Processing: 3 business days
- Emergency Processing: 12 business hours
- Rush Processing: 4 business hours
Who cannot enter Australia with an Australia ETA for Norwegians?
People who have one of the two listed bullet points do not have the right to visit Australia:
- Criminal convictions for which you have been sentenced for a total combined period of 12 months or more, whether or not you served the sentences.
How can I get help when there is something wrong?
If there is any problem during the process, please do not hesitate to contact us for help by leaving your questions in the chat box on our homepage. By understanding your situations well, we will provide you with useful guidance so that you can shoot all the difficulties.