Australia is a nice place for your vacation with lots of blue beaches and attractive scenery. Therefore, it is not surprising that there are thousands of visitors coming here each year. Recently, thanks to the release of ETA, it has been much easier for tourists to get an allowance for entering this country for a short trip. If you are from Malta and would like to spend your holiday in this beautiful land, let’s keep reading for useful details about Australia ETA for Maltese in the following lines!
Frequently asked questions about Australia ETA for Maltese
What is an ETA?
ETA is a term for Electronic Travel Authority that provides visitors the authorization to travel to and enter Australia. ETA is electronically linked to your passport after your successful application.
Is an ETA similar to a normal visa?
No, they are different from each other. Australia ETA for Maltese is a kind of permit that allows you to stay in this country for a short time. Your purposes of entering must be either for tourism or business. Other reasons such as studying, living permanently or joining a family are not allowed. In those situations, you must ask for a visa at the embassy.
What is needed for an ETA application?
Here is the list of items that you are required to submit for an ETA request:
- A passport: it is always necessary to own a passport if you are thinking of traveling abroad. Make sure that your one is valid during your journey to Australia.
- An email address: you will need to provide an email to receive your ETA when it is done. Kindly check it regularly in case there is anything wrong with the process.
- A means of payment: as this is an online application, you cannot pay for your ETA with cash. Instead, you can make a payment with a credit card.
How many steps are there in the applying process?
There are not many things you have to do to ask for an ETA. Indeed, your job is just to follow the three main steps that we show in the lines below:
- It takes you about 5 minutes to fill in the online form with personal and passport details about name, date of birth, email address, passport, purposes of the trips, and phone number.
- When you are finished, do not forget to review everything carefully to avoid mistakes.
- Your ETA can be paid with a credit card. You cannot charge for it by cash since this request is online.
- The last thing you have to do is to print your e-Visa out after its arrival and show it at the Immigration Checkpoint.
How long can I stay in Australia with an ETA?
An ETA gives you the right to stay in Australia for 90 days as a maximum per entry. Moreover, you can enter this nation as many times as you would like to thanks to the advantages of multiple entries.
How much does an Australia ETA for Maltese cost?
Visitors from Malta are free from the government fee, which means that they just need to pay for the service. There are three options for you as follows:
- Normal Processing: $59
- Emergency Processing: $79
- Rush Processing: $89
How long can I get my ETA?
You can decide the time needed to process your ETA by picking one of the available services:
- Normal Processing: 3 business days
- Emergency Processing: 12 business hours
- Rush Processing: 4 business hours
Who cannot enter Australia with an Australia ETA for Maltese?
People who have one of the two listed bullet points do not have the right to visit Australia:
- Criminal convictions for which you have been sentenced for a total combined period of 12 months or more, whether or not you served the sentences.
How can I get help with problems?
Should you have any difficulties in applying for an ETA, please do not hesitate to contact us for assistance by leaving a message in the chat box on our homepage. We always welcome and support you as much as we can to help you set foot in Australia successfully.