If you are looking for a place where you can lie on the yellow dunes and sunbathe in the warm sunshine, Australia is a nice suggestion for you. These days, thanks to the introduction of ETA, it has been much easier for tourists to set their foot on this land since they no longer need to ask for a visa at the embassy. Being on the list of eligible countries, nationals of Luxembourg who would like to show up here cannot miss all the useful information about Australia ETA for Luxembourgers below. Let’s keep reading to find out!
Frequently asked questions about Australia ETA for Luxembourgers
What is an ETA?
ETA is a term for Electronic Travel Authority that provides visitors the authorization to travel to and enter Australia. ETA is electronically linked to your passport after your successful application.
Is an ETA similar to a normal visa?
No, they are different from each other. Australia ETA for Luxembourgers is a kind of permit that allows you to stay in this country for a short time. Your purposes of entering must be either for tourism or business. Other reasons such as studying, living permanently or joining a family are not allowed. In those situations, you must ask for a visa at the embassy.
What is needed for an ETA application?
The documents needed for an ETA request are very simple with three main items. In detail, they are listed in the following lines:
- A passport: is always a necessary thing that you cannot fail to prepare for an ETA application. Make sure that your passport is valid during the time you stay in Australia.
- An email address: is the means of delivery through which you get the latest notifications about your ETA. For that reason, please provide the one you use frequently to keep track of the process.
- A means of payment: as this is an online application, you cannot pay for your ETA with cash. Instead, you can make a payment with a credit card.
How many steps are there in the applying process?
The application consists of three main parts that take you only a few minutes to fulfill:
- It takes you about 5 minutes to fill in the online form with personal and passport details about name, date of birth, email address, passport, purposes of the trips, and phone number.
- When you are finished, do not forget to review everything carefully to avoid mistakes.
- Your ETA can be paid with a credit card. You cannot charge for it by cash since this request is online.
- The last thing you have to do is to print your e-Visa out after its arrival and show it at the Immigration Checkpoint.
How long can I stay in Australia with an ETA?
Owning an ETA, you will have permission to visit Australia for 90 days per entry. Within the valid duration, you have the right to come and leave this country as many times as you would like thanks to the benefits of multiple entries.
How much does an Australia ETA for Luxembourgers cost?
For nationals of Luxembourg, you just need to charge the service fee. However, kindly notice that the price of your permit will vary following the situation:
- Normal Processing: $59
- Emergency Processing: $79
- Rush Processing: $89
How long can I get my ETA?
There are three different time frames available for you as shown. Your ETA will be done and sent to you via email within the period that you choose:
- Normal Processing: 3 business days
- Emergency Processing: 12 business hours
- Rush Processing: 4 business hours
Who cannot enter Australia with an ETA?
People who have one of the two listed bullet points do not have the right to visit Australia:
- Criminal convictions for which you have been sentenced for a total combined period of 12 months or more, whether or not you served the sentences.
How can I know more about Australia ETA for Luxembourgers?
Should you need further information about ETA, please go back to our homepage and raise all of your questions in the chat box on the right side. Our experts will respond to your concerns in the shortest time to help you get this permit successfully.