Lately, to make it easier for tourists who would love to visit Australia, the government of this country has introduced a new permit called ETA. Requesting for this item, applicants do not have to prepare lots of documents, take an interview at the embassy or wait for a long time to get the result. The process is made much simpler for you that needs only a few minutes to be done. If you are from Liechtenstein, do not hesitate to scroll down for helpful details about Australia ETA for Liechtensteiners!
Frequently asked questions about Australia ETA for Liechtensteiners
What is an ETA?
ETA is a term for Electronic Travel Authority that provides visitors the authorization to travel to and enter Australia. ETA is electronically linked to your passport after your successful application.
Is an ETA similar to a normal visa?
No, they are different from each other. Australia ETA for Liechtensteiners is a kind of permit that allows you to stay in this country for a short time. Your purposes of entering must be either for tourism or business. Other reasons such as studying, living permanently or joining a family are not allowed. In those situations, you must ask for a visa at the embassy.
What is needed for an ETA application?
An ETA application does not ask you to submit lots of papers. All you need are:
- A passport: this is an indispensable item that you must hold in your hand when making the request. Your passport must be valid during your stay in Australia so that you will not face any problems.
- An email address: is the means through which you keep track of the process of your ETA. Hence, remember to check it frequently so as not to miss any important points.
- A means of payment: as this is an online application, you cannot pay for your ETA with cash. Instead, you can make a payment with a credit card.
How many steps are there in the applying process?
The application consists of three big steps in total which we show you in the following lines:
- It takes you about 5 minutes to fill in the online form with personal and passport details about name, date of birth, email address, passport, purposes of the trips, and phone number.
- When you are finished, do not forget to review everything carefully to avoid mistakes.
- Your ETA can be paid with a credit card. You cannot charge for it by cash since this request is online.
- The last thing you have to do is to print your e-Visa out after its arrival and show it at the Immigration Checkpoint.
How long can I stay in Australia with an ETA?
An ETA gives you 90 days to discover interesting Australia. Moreover, you can set your foot on this land as many times as you would like thanks to multiple entries.
How much does an Australia ETA for Liechtensteiners cost?
As there is no government fee for applicants from Liechtenstein, the price of an ETA will depend on your choice of services which are shown as follows:
- Normal Processing: $59
- Emergency Processing: $79
- Rush Processing: $89
How long can I get my ETA?
It does not take too long to process an ETA. Normally, you can get it in a few days after a successful request. If your trip is urgent, you can pick one from the time frames below:
- Normal Processing: 3 business days
- Emergency Processing: 12 business hours
- Rush Processing: 4 business hours
Who cannot enter Australia with an ETA?
People who have one of the two listed bullet points do not have the right to visit Australia:
- Criminal convictions for which you have been sentenced for a total combined period of 12 months or more, whether or not you served the sentences.
How can I know more about Australia ETA for Liechtensteiners?
Should there be anything that you do not know during the process, kindly send us a message via the chat box to let us know what your problem is. By understanding your case well, we will support you with the latest and most useful information so that you can get this permit successfully.