These days, with the help of ETA, it is not very difficult for citizens of some countries to enter Australia for a short trip. Being on the list of eligible nations, Latvian nationality holders do not have to visit the embassy for entering permission anymore. Instead, they can stay at home and make an online request for this item, which helps to save a lot of time. If you would like to get one, do not miss reading the following lines for useful information about Australia ETA for Latvians!
Frequently asked questions about Australia ETA for Latvians
What is an ETA?
ETA is a term for Electronic Travel Authority that provides visitors the authorization to travel to and enter Australia. ETA is electronically linked to your passport after your successful application.
Is an ETA similar to a normal visa?
No, they are different from each other. Australia ETA for Latvians is a kind of permit that allows you to stay in this country for a short time. Your purposes of entering must be either for tourism or business. Other reasons such as studying, living permanently or joining a family are not allowed. In those situations, you must ask for a visa at the embassy.
What is needed for an ETA application?
An ETA request will ask you to submit all the items below:
- A passport: you will not be given an ETA without a passport. Hence, make sure that you have one already and it is valid during your trip to Australia.
- An email address: you are also required to provide an email to keep track of your ETA. Therefore, do not forget to turn on the notifications to see if there is anything wrong during the process.
- A means of payment: as this is an online application, you cannot pay for your ETA with cash. Instead, you can make a payment with a credit card.
How many steps are there in the applying process?
The application is quite simple for you with three main steps described in stages as follows:
- It takes you about 5 minutes to fill in the online form with personal and passport details about name, date of birth, email address, passport, purposes of the trips, and phone number.
- When you are finished, do not forget to review everything carefully to avoid mistakes.
- Your ETA can be paid with a credit card. You cannot charge for it by cash since this request is online.
- The last thing you have to do is to print your e-Visa out after its arrival and show it at the Immigration Checkpoint.
How long can I stay in Australia with an ETA?
Owning an ETA, you can visit Australia for a maximum of 90 days per entry. However, as there is no limitation about the times of entering, you are free to turn up here as many times as you want to within the valid duration.
How much does an Australia ETA for Latvians cost?
For applicants from Latvia, the price of an ETA depends on how rushed their trip is. You can find the details in the lines below:
- Normal Processing: $59
- Emergency Processing: $79
- Rush Processing: $89
How long can I get my ETA?
Several days after the application, you will receive your ETA via email. Besides, our service also offers three different time frames so that you can pick the most reasonable one for your schedule:
- Normal Processing: 3 business days
- Emergency Processing: 12 business hours
- Rush Processing: 4 business hours
Who cannot enter Australia with an ETA?
People who have one of the two listed bullet points do not have the right to visit Australia:
- Criminal convictions for which you have been sentenced for a total combined period of 12 months or more, whether or not you served the sentences.
How can I know more about Australia ETA for Latvians?
Should you have any questions about ETA, please do not hesitate to send us a message through the chat box on our website for help. Our experts will respond to your queries in the shortest time so that you can understand more about this permit and get it successfully.