Thanks to the introduction of ETA, it has been much easier for tourists of eligible countries, including the Netherlands, to enter Australia for a short trip. In detail, you do not have to visit the embassy to take an interview or wait for a long time to get the result. Everything is made simple as you can stay at home and get this permit online. If you do not know how to apply, let’s keep reading to find out more about Australia ETA for Dutch!
Frequently asked questions about Australia ETA for Dutch
What is an ETA?
ETA is a term for Electronic Travel Authority that provides visitors the authorization to travel to and enter Australia. ETA is electronically linked to your passport after your successful application.
Is an ETA similar to a normal visa?
No, they are different from each other. Australia ETA for Dutch is a kind of permit that allows you to stay in this country for a short time. Your purposes of entering must be either for tourism or business. Other reasons such as studying, living permanently or joining a family are not allowed. In those situations, you must ask for a visa at the embassy.
What is needed for an ETA application?
It is not very difficult to prepare for the documents that an ETA application requires as there are only three items in total:
- A passport: is a must-have thing that you are not allowed to miss when asking for an ETA. Make sure that your passport is still valid by checking its expiry date carefully.
- An email address: your ETA and the latest notifications related to it will be sent to you via email. Hence, kindly log in to your account frequently to keep good track of the process.
- A means of payment: as this is an online application, you cannot pay for your ETA with cash. Instead, you can make a payment with a credit card.
How many steps are there in the applying process?
The application consists of three main parts for you to follow. Each stage is clearly guided in the following lines:
- It takes you about 5 minutes to fill in the online form with personal and passport details about name, date of birth, email address, passport, purposes of the trips, and phone number.
- When you are finished, do not forget to review everything carefully to avoid mistakes.
- Your ETA can be paid with a credit card. You cannot charge for it by cash since this request is online.
- The last thing you have to do is to print your e-Visa out after its arrival and show it at the Immigration Checkpoint.
How long can I stay in Australia with an ETA?
This kind of permit gives you 90 days to discover all the interesting things about Australia. In addition, you have the right to take as many holidays in this country as you would like to thanks to the benefits of multiple entries.
How much does an Australia ETA for Dutch cost?
According to the current policies, Dutch visitors can ask for an ETA without having to pay the cost of the government. However, they need to charge the service fee which has three different prices as shown:
- Normal Processing: $59
- Emergency Processing: $79
- Rush Processing: $89
How long can I get my ETA?
It usually takes a few days to process an ETA. If your trip is urgent, you can pick one from the choices below:
- Normal Processing: 3 business days
- Emergency Processing: 12 business hours
- Rush Processing: 4 business hours
Who cannot enter Australia with an ETA?
People who have one of the two listed bullet points do not have the right to visit Australia:
- Criminal convictions for which you have been sentenced for a total combined period of 12 months or more, whether or not you served the sentences.
How can I get help when there is something wrong?
Should you have any problems during the application, please do not hesitate to let us know by leaving a message in the chat box on our website. We will respond to your questions in the shortest time to help you get through the request and own an Australia ETA for Dutch successfully.