When talking about the top destinations in the world, we cannot fail to mention Australia for its amazing beaches and nice landscapes. Thanks to the introduction of a new permit called ETA, there have been more and more tourists showing up here to enjoy their holidays. If you are a citizen of Great Britain, you should not fail to get this item for your next trip to Australia. Therefore, let’s keep reading for useful details about Australia ETA for British!
Frequently asked questions about Australia ETA for British
What is an ETA?
ETA is a term for Electronic Travel Authority that provides visitors the authorization to travel to and enter Australia. ETA is electronically linked to your passport after your successful application.
Is an ETA similar to a normal visa?
No, they are different from each other. Australia ETA for British is a kind of permit that allows you to stay in this country for a short time. Your purposes of entering must be either for tourism or business. Other reasons such as studying, living permanently or joining a family are not allowed. In those situations, you must ask for a visa at the embassy.
What is needed for an ETA application?
It does not take you long to prepare for the documents since an ETA application just needs these items:
- A passport: since there are some questions regarding your passport in the online form, you must have one to answer those queries. Make sure that your passport is not expired.
- An email address: plays an important part in delivering the latest notifications to you. Hence, please give the one that you use frequently so as not to lose track of the process.
- A means of payment: as this is an online application, you cannot pay for your ETA with cash. Instead, you can make a payment with a credit card.
How many steps are there in the applying process?
There are three main steps that you have to follow for a successful application. Each stage is clearly detailed in the following lines:
- It takes you about 5 minutes to fill in the online form with personal and passport details about name, date of birth, email address, passport, purposes of the trips, and phone number.
- When you are finished, do not forget to review everything one more time to avoid mistakes.
- Your ETA can be paid with a credit card. You cannot charge for it by cash since this request is online.
- The last thing you have to do is to print your e-Visa out after its arrival and show it at the Immigration Checkpoint.
How long can I stay in Australia with an ETA?
An ETA offers you 90 days to enjoy your time in this beautiful country. Also, you have the right to turn up here as many times as you would like to thanks to multiple entries.
How much does an Australia ETA for British cost?
The price of an ETA consists of government and service fees. Luckily, people who have British nationality do not have to pay the former, which means that the amount of money they need to charge relies on what kind of service they choose:
- Normal Processing: $59
- Emergency Processing: $79
- Rush Processing: $89
How long can I get my ETA?
Your ETA will reach you through your email in a few days after sending the application. Nonetheless, if your case is urgent, you can pick one option from the services below to make it fit your plan:
- Normal Processing: 3 business days
- Emergency Processing: 12 business hours
- Rush Processing: 4 business hours
Who cannot enter Australia with an Australia ETA for British?
People who have one of the two listed bullet points do not have the right to visit Australia:
- Criminal convictions for which you have been sentenced for a total combined period of 12 months or more, whether or not you served the sentences.
How can I get help when there is something wrong?
Should there be something wrong during the process that prevents you from getting an ETA, do not hesitate to let us know by leaving your problems in the chat box on our website. Our experts will answer your questions in the shortest time to help you get out of the difficulties and obtain this permit for your next trip to Australia.