Recently, with the development of tourism, there have been more and more tourists coming to Australia for their holidays. People turn up to this country not just for enjoying the warm beaches but also for seeing wild animals in real life, visiting some of the famous buildings, namely the Opera House, and trying new cuisine. If you are from Ireland who would like to spend your time in this land for the next vacation, do not hesitate to scroll down for details about Australia ETA for the Irish!
Frequently asked questions about Australia ETA for the Irish
What is an ETA?
ETA is a term for Electronic Travel Authority that provides visitors the authorization to travel to and enter Australia. ETA is electronically linked to your passport after your successful application.
Is an ETA similar to a normal visa?
No, they are different from each other. Australia ETA for the Irish is a kind of permit that allows you to stay in this country for a short time. Your purposes of entering must be either for tourism or business. Other reasons such as studying, living permanently or joining a family are not allowed. In those situations, you must ask for a visa at the embassy.
What is needed for an ETA application?
There are three main items needed for an ETA request which are shown in the lines below:
- A passport: is always important since you cannot travel abroad without it. Make sure that your passport is valid by having a look at its expiry date before submitting the application.
- An email address: is the second one coming on the list for its role. This is the tool for you to keep track of the process of your ETA and get it when everything is done. Hence, kindly log in to your email regularly so as to be kept updated with the latest notifications.
- A means of payment: as this is an online application, you cannot pay for your ETA with cash. Instead, you can make a payment with a credit card.
How many steps are there in the applying process?
The process includes three big steps that we list in the following lines:
- It takes you about 5 minutes to fill in the online form with personal and passport details about name, date of birth, email address, passport, purposes of the trips, and phone number.
- When you are finished, do not forget to review everything carefully to avoid mistakes.
- Your ETA can be paid with a credit card. You cannot charge for it by cash since this request is online.
- The last thing you have to do is to print your e-Visa out after its arrival and show it at the Immigration Checkpoint.
How long can I stay in Australia with an Australia ETA for the Irish?
You will have 90 days in total to discover the beauty of this country. Moreover, you can come here at any point during the valid duration since there is no limitation about the times of entering.
How much does an ETA cost?
The cost of an ETA comprises government and service fees. However, if you are from Ireland, you do not have to pay for the former. The price for the latter changes relying on your situation:
- Normal Processing: $59
- Emergency Processing: $79
- Rush Processing: $89
How long can I get my ETA?
After sending a request, you will get your ETA in a few business days. Besides, our service also provides three different time frames for you in case of urgency:
- Normal Processing: 3 business days
- Emergency Processing: 12 business hours
- Rush Processing: 4 business hours
Who cannot enter Australia with an ETA?
People who have one of the two listed bullet points do not have the right to visit Australia:
- Criminal convictions for which you have been sentenced for a total combined period of 12 months or more, whether or not you served the sentences.
How can I learn more about Australia ETA for the Irish?
Should you have any questions related to Australia ETA, kindly contact us for useful details by leaving a message in the chat box on our website. We are always willing to support you as much as we can to help you get this permit successfully.