Australia is a nice destination for your vacation with attractive landscapes, beautiful beaches, famous buildings and cute endangered animals. Lately, the number of tourists coming here in holiday seasons has been rising at a high rate thanks to ETA. This kind of permit brings its owners lots of advantages such as not having to go to the consulate, taking an interview or waiting for a long time to get the result. If you are from Germany who wants to possess one, let’s keep reading for details about Australia ETA for Germans!
Frequently asked questions about Australia ETA for Germans
What is an ETA?
ETA is a term for Electronic Travel Authority that provides visitors the authorization to travel to and enter Australia. ETA is electronically linked to your passport after your successful application.
Is an ETA similar to a normal visa?
No, they are different from each other. Australia ETA for Germans is a kind of permit that allows you to stay in this country for a short time. Your purposes of entering must be either for tourism or business. Other reasons such as studying, living permanently or joining a family are not allowed. In those situations, you must ask for a visa at the embassy.
What is needed for an ETA application?
There are three main items you cannot miss for an ETA request which are:
- A passport: passport always comes first on the list for its importance. Hence, you had better apply for one and make sure that it is valid if you have already.
- An email address: plays a part during the process as it helps you keep track of your ETA with the latest notifications. Thus, do not fail to check your email frequently in case there is anything wrong.
- A means of payment: as this is an online application, you cannot pay for your ETA with cash. Instead, you can make a payment with a credit card.
How many steps are there in the applying process?
An Australia ETA for Germans applying process consists of three stages that take you only a few minutes to fulfill. Your job is to follow them step by step for a successful application:
- It takes you about 5 minutes to fill in the online form with personal and passport details about name, date of birth, email address, passport, purposes of the trips, and phone number.
- When you are finished, do not forget to review everything carefully to avoid mistakes.
- Your ETA can be paid with a credit card. You cannot charge for it by cash since this request is online.
- The last thing you have to do is to print your e-Visa out after its arrival and show it at the Immigration Checkpoint.
How long can I stay in Australia with an ETA?
90 is the maximum period you can stay in Australia for one journey. Also, you are allowed to come here more than once within the valid time, which is one of the best advantages that this permit gives to its owners.
How much does an Australia ETA for Germans cost?
The amount of money you have to pay for your ETA relies on the kind of service you choose. You can find the details of each one in the lines below:
- Normal Processing: $59
- Emergency Processing: $79
- Rush Processing: $89
How long can I get my ETA?
The time needed to process your ETA is decided by your choice of time frames. Here are the three options available for you:
- Normal Processing: 3 business days
- Emergency Processing: 12 business hours
- Rush Processing: 4 business hours
Who cannot enter Australia with an ETA?
People who have one of the two listed bullet points do not have the right to visit Australia:
- Criminal convictions for which you have been sentenced for a total combined period of 12 months or more, whether or not you served the sentences.
How can I know more about Australia ETA for Germans?
Should you need more details related to ETA for citizens of Germany, kindly contact us via the chat box for a better understanding of this permit. We will deliver the most important points to you as soon as possible so that you can get one in the shortest time.