Being listed as one of the best destinations in the world, Australia welcomes thousands of tourists coming each year for their holidays. This country provides you with lots of nice beaches and green space where you can enjoy your unforgettable time. Moreover, there are also plenty of rare animals here which you may never see before. If you are from Finland who are going to take a trip to this land, requesting an Australia ETA for Finns is highly recommended. Let’s keep reading to find out more about this item!
Frequently asked questions about Australia ETA for Finns
What is an ETA?
ETA is a term for Electronic Travel Authority that provides visitors the authorization to travel to and enter Australia. ETA is electronically linked to your passport after your successful application.
Is an ETA similar to a normal visa?
No, they are different from each other. Australia ETA for Finns is a kind of permit that allows you to stay in this country for a short time. Your purposes of entering must be either for tourism or business. Other reasons such as studying, living permanently or joining a family are not allowed. In those situations, you must ask for a visa at the embassy.
What is needed for an ETA application?
The documents needed for an ETA application includes three items which are listed in the following lines:
- A passport: plays an important part in the request. Without it, you cannot get an ETA to enter Australia. Hence, make sure that you own one already and it is still valid.
- An email address: this indispensable thing keeps you updated with new notifications about your ETA. Therefore, do not fail to check it regularly to see if there is anything wrong during the process.
- A means of payment: as this is an online application, you cannot pay for your ETA with cash. Instead, you can make a payment with a credit card.
How many steps are there in the applying process?
The application comprises three main stages that you can follow for a successful request. The details for each step is shown in the lines below:
- It takes you about 5 minutes to fill in the online form with personal and passport details about name, date of birth, email address, passport, purposes of the trips, and phone number.
- When you are finished, do not forget to review everything carefully to avoid mistakes.
- Your ETA can be paid with a credit card. You cannot charge for it by cash since this request is online.
- The last thing you have to do is to print your e-Visa out after its arrival and show it at the Immigration Checkpoint.
How long can I stay in Australia with an ETA?
This kind of permit gives you 90 days in total to stay in Australia. Also, thanks to multiple entries, you can come back here at any point during the valid time of your ETA.
How much does an Australia ETA for Finns cost?
The price of an ETA consists of government and service fees. Fortunately, residents of Finland are free from the former, which means that they just need to make payment for the latter whose cost changes following the level of urgency:
- Normal Processing: $59
- Emergency Processing: $79
- Rush Processing: $89
How long can I get my ETA?
You will receive your ETA within the time frame that you choose to process it. There are three selections available for you which are:
- Normal Processing: 3 business days
- Emergency Processing: 12 business hours
- Rush Processing: 4 business hours
Who cannot enter Australia with an Australia ETA for Finns?
People who have one of the two listed bullet points do not have the right to visit Australia:
- Criminal convictions for which you have been sentenced for a total combined period of 12 months or more, whether or not you served the sentences.
How can I know more about the Australia ETA ?
For further information regarding Australia ETA for Finns, please send us a message via the box on our website to let us know your concerns. Our experts will read and answer your questions as soon as possible to help you get this permit in the shortest time.