In the past years, Australia has been famous for its nice blue beaches that visitors will never forget once spending their holidays on. Besides, this country is also known as a place of preserving wild animals, namely kangaroos and koalas. For those reasons, there is no surprise that the number of tourists coming here for their vacations has been increasing dramatically. These days, with the introduction of a new permit called ETA, it is much more convenient for travelers to enter this land for a short trip. Let’s keep reading for details about Australia ETA for Estonians if you are interested!
Frequently asked questions about Australia ETA for Estonians
What is an ETA?
ETA is a term for Electronic Travel Authority that provides visitors the authorization to travel to and enter Australia. ETA is electronically linked to your passport after your successful application.
Is an ETA similar to a normal visa?
No, they are different from each other. Australia ETA for Estonians is a kind of permit that allows you to stay in this country for a short time. Your purposes of entering must be either for tourism or business. Other reasons such as studying, living permanently or joining a family are not allowed. In those situations, you must ask for a visa at the embassy.
What is needed for an ETA application?
There are three main items you need to prepare for an ETA application. In detail, they are as listed in the following lines:
- A passport: you will need a passport to answer all the questions related to it like passport number, issued and expiry date. Make sure that your one is valid before making the request.
- An email address: this is the tool for you to keep track of the process and get your ETA when it is done. Therefore, kindly check your email regularly to see if any important points are sent to you.
- A means of payment: as this is an online application, you cannot pay for your ETA with cash. Instead, you can make a payment with a credit card.
How many steps are there in the applying process?
The applying process is made up of three big steps which we show you in the lines below:
- It takes you about 5 minutes to fill in the online form with personal and passport details about name, date of birth, email address, passport, purposes of the trips, and phone number.
- When you are finished, do not forget to review everything carefully to avoid mistakes.
- Your ETA can be paid with a credit card. You cannot charge for it by cash since this request is online.
- The last thing you have to do is to print your e-Visa out after its arrival and show it at the Immigration Checkpoint.
How long can I stay in Australia with an ETA?
90 days is the maximum duration you can stay in Australia with this permit. Furthermore, you are allowed to turn up here as many times as you would like before the expiry date of your passport and ETA.
How much does an Australia ETA for Estonians cost?
Visitors who are from Estonia do not have to pay the government fee. However, you are required to charge for the service whose three kinds of prices are as shown:
- Normal Processing: $59
- Emergency Processing: $79
- Rush Processing: $89
How long can I get my ETA?
You can choose the most suitable time frame to process your ETA based on your schedule. There are three options for you as follows:
- Normal Processing: 3 business days
- Emergency Processing: 12 business hours
- Rush Processing: 4 business hours
Who cannot enter Australia with an ETA?
People who have one of the two listed bullet points do not have the right to visit Australia:
- Criminal convictions for which you have been sentenced for a total combined period of 12 months or more, whether or not you served the sentences.
How can I know more about Australia ETA for Estonians?
Should you need any further details, do not hesitate to let us know by leaving a message in the chat box on our website. We will respond to your concerns in the shortest time so that you can get a successful application.