In the past years, the number of tourists coming to Australia has been rising at a high rate for many reasons. Firstly, this is an impressive country which is located totally on islands. Therefore, when coming here for a vacation, you can enjoy your time on its nice beaches and sunbathe with yellow sunshine. Additionally, there are also other interesting things about this land for you to discover. If you are from the Czech Republic who would like to take a trip to Australia, you should not miss the useful information below about Australia ETA for Czechs. Let’s keep reading to find out!
Frequently asked questions about Australia ETA for Czechs
What is an ETA?
ETA is a term for Electronic Travel Authority that provides visitors the authorization to travel to and enter Australia. ETA is electronically linked to your passport after your successful application.
Is an ETA similar to a normal visa?
No, they are different from each other. Australia ETA for Czechs is a kind of permit that allows you to stay in this country for a short time. Your purposes of entering must be either for tourism or business. Other reasons such as studying, living permanently or joining a family are not allowed. In those situations, you must ask for a visa at the embassy.
What is needed for an ETA application?
There are three main items included in the documents that you have to prepare carefully:
- A passport: if you are planning for a trip to other nations, you had better apply for a passport first. In case you have one already, make sure that it is still valid at the time to take the application.
- An email address: plays an important role during the whole process. Do not fail to get the latest notifications about your ETA by logging in to your email regularly.
- A means of payment: as this is an online application, you cannot pay for your ETA with cash. Instead, you can make a payment with a credit card.
How many steps are there in the applying process?
The application includes three steps in total which cost you only a few minutes to fulfill. In detail, they are instructed in the following lines:
- It takes you about 5 minutes to fill in the online form with personal and passport details about name, date of birth, email address, passport, purposes of the trips, and phone number.
- When you are finished, do not forget to review everything carefully to avoid mistakes.
- Your ETA can be paid with a credit card. You cannot charge for it by cash since this request is online.
- The last thing you have to do is to print your e-Visa out after its arrival and show it at the Immigration Checkpoint.
How long can I stay in Australia with an ETA?
An ETA gives you 90 days to enjoy your vacation in Australia. Besides, since this permit allows multiple entries, you have the right to show up here more than once.
How much does an Australia ETA for Czechs cost?
If you are from the Czech Republic, you just have to pay the service fee. The cost of service will change according to the urgency of your situation:
- Normal Processing: $59
- Emergency Processing: $79
- Rush Processing: $89
How long can I get my ETA?
Depending on your schedule, you can choose one from the following time frames to process your ETA:
- Normal Processing: 3 business days
- Emergency Processing: 12 business hours
- Rush Processing: 4 business hours
Who cannot enter Australia with an ETA?
People who have one of the two listed bullet points do not have the right to visit Australia:
- Criminal convictions for which you have been sentenced for a total combined period of 12 months or more, whether or not you served the sentences.
How can I know more about the Australian ETA for Czechs?
Please do not hesitate to contact us for help if you have any questions related to Australia ETA for Czechs. We are always willing to support you with useful information so that you will have a better understanding of this permit.