If you have a deep love of wild animals, you cannot miss Australia for this vacation. Being known as one of the biggest homes to rare fauna like kangaroos, koalas and black-flanked rock-wallaby, this nation welcomes thousands of tourists a year who would like to see those lovely creatures in real life. Thanks to the introduction of ETA, a new permit released by the Australian government, travelers from Cyprus can go on holiday or business in this land without a visa. Let’s keep reading to get further details about Australia ETA for Cypriots if you want to get one!
Frequently asked questions about Australia ETA for Cypriots
What is an ETA?
ETA is a term for Electronic Travel Authority that provides visitors the authorization to travel to and enter Australia. ETA is electronically linked to your passport after your successful application.
Is an ETA similar to a normal visa?
No, they are different from each other. Australia ETA for Cypriots is a kind of permit that allows you to stay in this country for a short time. Your purposes of entering must be either for tourism or business. Other reasons such as studying, living permanently or joining a family are not allowed. In those situations, you must ask for a visa at the embassy.
What is needed for an ETA application?
The following lines show three important items that you are not allowed to miss for an ETA request:
- A passport: without a passport, you cannot ask for an allowance to enter Australia. Hence, make sure that you are holding one and it is valid.
- An email address: you will need an email address to keep track of the process. Kindly turn on the notifications to get the latest points as well as to receive your ETA when it is completed.
- A means of payment: as this is an online application, you cannot pay for your ETA with cash. Instead, you can make a payment with a credit card.
How many steps are there in the applying process?
The request is not too complex for you to make. Indeed, there are only three big steps that you can follow for a successful application which are:
- It takes you about 5 minutes to fill in the online form with personal and passport details about name, date of birth, email address, passport, purposes of the trips, and phone number.
- When you are finished, do not forget to review everything carefully to avoid mistakes.
- Your ETA can be paid with a credit card. You cannot charge for it by cash since this request is online.
- The last thing you have to do is to print your e-Visa out after its arrival and show it at the Immigration Checkpoint.
How long can I stay in Australia with an ETA?
An ETA permits you to stay in Australia for up to 90 days. Moreover, during the valid time, you can show up here as many times as you would like thanks to the advantages of multiple entries.
How much does an Australia ETA for Cypriots cost?
According to the policy, tourists who hold a Cyprus passport are free from the government fee, which means that they only need to pay for the cost of service. Please find the price for each option in the lines below:
- Normal Processing: $59
- Emergency Processing: $79
- Rush Processing: $89
How long can I get my ETA?
You can make a decision about the time needed to process your ETA. There are three choices for you as follows:
- Normal Processing: 3 business days
- Emergency Processing: 12 business hours
- Rush Processing: 4 business hours
Who cannot enter Australia with an ETA?
People who have one of the two listed bullet points do not have the right to visit Australia:
- Criminal convictions for which you have been sentenced for a total combined period of 12 months or more, whether or not you served the sentences.
How can I learn more about Australia ETA for Cypriots?
Should you need more information regarding ETA for Cypriots, do not hesitate to visit our website and leave a message in the chat box to let us know what you are concerned about. We will respond to your questions in the shortest time so that you can ask for this permit successfully.