In the past years, the number of visitors coming to Australia for their holidays has increased dramatically for many reasons. First of all, this country is known as the home to numerous kinds of rare wild animals such as kangaroos and koalas which travelers cannot see anywhere else in the world. Moreover, there are also lots of nice blue beaches and yellow dunes here for tourists to enjoy their outdoor time. If you are from Brunei and would love to enter this nice land, do not miss useful details about Australia ETA for Bruneians in the following lines!
Frequently asked questions about Australia ETA for Bruneians
What is an ETA?
ETA is a term for Electronic Travel Authority that provides visitors the authorization to travel to and enter Australia. ETA is electronically linked to your passport after your successful application.
Is an ETA similar to a normal visa?
No, they are different from each other. Australia ETA for Bruneians is a kind of permit that allows you to stay in Australia for a short time. Your purposes of entering must be either for tourism or business. Other reasons such as studying, living permanently or joining a family are not allowed. In those situations, you must ask for a visa at the embassy.
What is needed for an ETA application?
There are not many things you have to prepare for an ETA request. What you need to submit are:
- A passport: is always necessary for a trip abroad. Kindly spend some time checking your passport’s expiry date to see if it still works.
- An email address: you are also required to fill in the blank an email address to receive the latest notifications about your ETA. Hence, please provide the one you frequently log in to keep track of the process.
- A means of payment: as this is an online application, you cannot pay for your ETA with cash. Instead, you can make a payment with a credit card.
How many steps are there in the applying process?
The application has three big steps that you have to follow to ask for an ETA which are detailed in the lines below:
- It takes you about 5 minutes to fill in the online form with personal and passport details about name, date of birth, email address, passport, purposes of the trips, and phone number.
- When you are finished, do not forget to review everything carefully to avoid mistakes.
- Your ETA can be paid with a credit card. You cannot charge for it by cash since this request is online.
- The last thing you have to do is to print your e-Visa out after its arrival and show it at the Immigration Checkpoint.
How long can I stay in Australia with an ETA?
90 is the maximum number of days you can stay in Australia for a journey. Furthermore, you have the right to turn up here as many times as you wish thanks to the benefits of multiple entries.
How much does an Australia ETA for Bruneians cost?
Government and service are the two kinds of fees you must charge for an ETA. The price for each one is listed in the following lines:
Government fee: AUD $20
- Normal Processing: $59
- Emergency Processing: $79
- Rush Processing: $89
How long can I get my ETA?
You can decide the time to process your ETA by choosing one option from the shown time frames:
- Normal Processing: 3 business days
- Emergency Processing: 12 business hours
- Rush Processing: 4 business hours
Who cannot enter Australia with an ETA?
People who have one of the two listed bullet points do not have the right to visit Australia:
- Criminal convictions for which you have been sentenced for a total combined period of 12 months or more, whether or not you served the sentences.
How can I know more about Australia ETA for Bruneians?
Should you need more details or advice about ETA, please let us know by visiting our homepage and raising your questions in the chat box on the right side. We always welcome and are willing to help you with useful guidance so that you can get this permit successfully.