Being one of the world’s hottest destinations thanks to attractive landscapes and nice beaches, it is not surprising that there are more and more tourists coming to Australia each year. Spending your time in this beautiful land, you will have an opportunity to see wild animals in real life, enjoy the fresh air and cool wind from the seas as well as try good dishes made by locals. These days, with the introduction of ETA, citizens of Bulgaria can enter Australia without having to ask for a visa at the embassy. Let’s keep reading for more details about Australia ETA for Bulgarians if you would like to come here for your next holiday!
Frequently asked questions about Australia ETA for Bulgarians
What is an ETA?
ETA is a term for Electronic Travel Authority that provides visitors the authorization to travel to and enter Australia. ETA is electronically linked to your passport after your successful application.
Is an ETA similar to a normal visa?
No, they are different from each other. ETA is a kind of permit that allows you to stay in this country for a short time. Your purposes of entering must be either for tourism or business. Other reasons such as studying, living permanently or joining a family are not allowed. In those situations, you must ask for a visa at the embassy.
What is needed for an ETA application?
The documents needed for an ETA request are very simple with three main items as follow:
- A passport: you cannot ask for an ETA without this important thing. Do not forget to check the expiry date of your passport to make sure that it is valid.
- An email address: is also indispensable since it keeps you updated with new notifications about your ETA. For that reason, kindly log in to your email regularly so as not to miss any latest points.
- A means of payment: as this is an online application, you cannot pay for your ETA with cash. Instead, you can make a payment with a credit card.
How many steps are there in the applying process?
The Australia ETA for Bulgarians application is made simple for you with three steps in total. Every part is clearly detailed in the following lines:
- It takes you about 5 minutes to fill in the online form with personal and passport details about name, date of birth, email address, passport, purposes of the trips, and phone number.
- When you are finished, do not forget to review everything carefully to avoid mistakes.
- Your ETA can be paid with a credit card. You cannot charge for it by cash since this request is online.
- The last thing you have to do is to print your e-Visa out after its arrival and show it at the Immigration Checkpoint.
How long can I stay in Australia with an ETA?
Possessing this permit, you will have the right to visit Australia for 90 days as a maximum number. Also, you can turn up here later for another trip thanks to multiple entries.
How much does an Australia ETA for Bulgarians cost?
There are two kinds of fees that you must pay for an ETA called government and service. Fortunately, Bulgarians do not have to pay for the former. The price for the latter will change according to your situation:
- Normal Processing: $59
- Emergency Processing: $79
- Rush Processing: $89
How long can I get my ETA?
Here are the three time frames that you can pick to process your ETA. It will be sent to you via email during the time shown:
- Normal Processing: 3 business days
- Emergency Processing: 12 business hours
- Rush Processing: 4 business hours
Who cannot enter Australia with an ETA?
People who have one of the two listed bullet points do not have the right to visit Australia:
- Criminal convictions for which you have been sentenced for a total combined period of 12 months or more, whether or not you served the sentences.
How can I know more about Australia ETA for Bulgarians?
If you find it difficult to request an ETA, please contact us on our website for help. Your concerns will be replied to by our experts in the shortest time so that you can get this permit successfully.