Located mostly on islands, Australia is a great site for people who would love to spend their holiday on the beaches. Additionally, on entering this country, you will have a chance to see some famous wild animals in real life, namely kangaroos and hedgehogs. Lately, thanks to the introduction of ETA, citizens of Belgium do not need to visit the embassy for an interview anymore. If you are interested, do not hesitate to scroll down for details about Australia ETA for Belgians!
Frequently asked questions about Australia ETA for Belgians
ETA is a term for Electronic Travel Authority that provides visitors the authorization to travel to and enter Australia. ETA is electronically linked to your passport after your successful application.
Is an ETA similar to a normal visa?
No, they are different from each other. ETA is a kind of permit that allows you to stay in Australia for a short time. Your purposes of entering must be either for tourism or business. Other reasons such as studying, living permanently or joining a family are not allowed. In those situations, you must ask for a visa at the embassy.
What is needed for an ETA application?
Different from asking for a sticker visa, you are not required to submit a lot of documents when requesting an Australia ETA for Belgians. Indeed, the list consists of only three main things which are mentioned in the lines below:
- A passport: this is one of the most important items that you must have for a trip to other countries. Do not forget to have a check at its expiry date to see if your one is still valid.
- An email address: you will have to provide an email address to get your ETA when it is done. Please consider giving the one you use frequently so as not to miss any latest points.
- A means of payment: as this is an online application, you cannot pay for your ETA with cash. Instead, you can make a payment with a credit card.
How many steps are there in the applying process?
There are three stages included in the process which are:
- It takes you about 5 minutes to fill in the online form with personal and passport details about name, date of birth, email address, passport, purposes of the trips, and phone number.
- When you are finished, do not forget to review everything carefully to avoid mistakes.
- Your ETA can be paid with a credit card. You cannot charge for it by cash since this request is online.
- The last thing you have to do is to print your e-Visa out after its arrival and show it at the Immigration Checkpoint.
How long can I stay in Australia with an ETA?
Your stay in Australia can last for a maximum of 90 days with a valid ETA. Furthermore, you are able to set your foot in this beautiful land more than once thanks to multiple entries.
How much does an Australia ETA for Belgians cost?
The price of an ETA comprises government and service fees. However, being a national of Belgium, you do not need to charge for the former. For the latter, the cost will vary following the level of urgency:
- Normal Processing: $59
- Emergency Processing: $79
- Rush Processing: $89
How long can I get my ETA?
The time needed to process your ETA depends on your choice of the time frame. Our service offers three selections so that you can choose the most suitable one for your plan as follows:
- Normal Processing: 3 business days
- Emergency Processing: 12 business hours
- Rush Processing: 4 business hours
Who cannot enter Australia with an ETA?
People who have one of the two listed bullet points do not have the right to visit Australia:
- Criminal convictions for which you have been sentenced for a total combined period of 12 months or more, whether or not you served the sentences
How can I know more about Australia ETA for Belgians?
For a better understanding of ETA, please do not hesitate to visit our website and raise all of your concerns in the chat box. Our experts will reply to your questions as soon as possible to provide you with useful guidance for a successful application.