Australia has been a great destination for visitors who love to see wild animals and blue beaches. Moreover, when coming to this country for a holiday, you will have a chance to visit some of its heritages famous all around the world such as the Sydney Opera House, Uluru-Kata Tjuta and Kakadu. Recently, tourists from Austria can easily enter this land for a trip thanks to a new permit called ETA. If you wish to show up in Australia but do not know what to do, let’s keep reading the following lines about Australia ETA for Austrians!
Frequently asked questions about Australia ETA for Austrians
What is an ETA?
ETA is a term for Electronic Travel Authority that provides visitors the authorization to travel to and enter Australia. ETA is electronically linked to your passport after your successful application.
Is an Australia ETA for Austrians similar to a normal visa?
No, they are different from each other. ETA is a kind of permit that allows you to stay in this country for a short time. Your purposes of entering must be either for tourism or business. Other reasons such as studying, living permanently or joining a family are not allowed. In those situations, you must ask for a visa at the embassy.
What is needed for an ETA application?
There are not many things you have to submit when requesting an ETA. Here are all the items that you need:
- A passport: you are required to have a passport to answer all the questions given in the online form. Make sure that your one is valid by taking a look at its expiry date.
- An email address: is necessary for you to keep track of the process. Also, you will get your ETA via this tool when it is done.
- A means of payment: as this is an online application, you cannot pay for your ETA with cash. Instead, you can make a payment with a credit card.
How many steps are there in the application?
The applying process consists of three main parts which are clearly described as follows:
- It takes you about 5 minutes to fill in the online form with personal and passport details about name, date of birth, email address, passport, purposes of the trips, and phone number.
- When you are finished, do not forget to review everything carefully to avoid mistakes.
- Your ETA can be paid with a credit card. You cannot charge for it by cash since this request is online.
- The last thing you have to do is to print your e-Visa out after its arrival and show it at the Immigration Checkpoint.
How long can I stay in Australia with an ETA?
90 days is the maximum period you are allowed to visit this nation for a trip. Besides, with the advantages of multiple entries, you can show up and leave here as many times as you want to.
How much does an Australia ETA for Austrians cost?
Visitors from Austria are free from the government fee. However, they have to pay for another kind called service whose prices are detailed as follows:
- Normal Processing: $59
- Emergency Processing: $79
- Rush Processing: $89
How long can I get my ETA?
Your ETA will be done and sent to you through your email address. the process usually takes several business days. Our service also provides three different time frames so that you can manage in urgent situations:
- Normal Processing: 3 business days
- Emergency Processing: 12 business hours
- Rush Processing: 4 business hours
Who cannot enter Australia with an ETA?
People who have one of the two listed bullet points do not have the right to visit Australia:
- Criminal convictions for which you have been sentenced for a total combined period of 12 months or more, whether or not you served the sentence
How can I know more about Australia ETA for Austrians?
For a better understanding of ETA, please do not hesitate to visit our website and raise all of your concerns in the chat box. Our experts will reply to your questions as soon as possible to provide you with useful information so that you can get this permit successfully.